[C320-list] Replacing Nav Instruments

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:51:40 PST 2023

Our 320 is 1994. GPS failed years ago and I wired-in a Garmin GPSMAP 76Cx to provide the GPS signal. That worked fine for a long time but now, the other instruments have lost clarity and are hard to see in daylight. I'd like to replace most of them with a Chart-Plotter, but am faced with the old wiring and network protocol. I'm in my 80's and the brain don't process well or fast.

Hopefully, there are owners of similar 320 generations out there who have faced this upgrade and can offer some advice on how to approach the project. I'm not against spending the money, but don't need to go overboard either. We sail on the Chesapeake Bay so our need for anything other than low-end instruments.

Thanks for any advice you may offer,
Warren Updike
8800 Walther Blvd: Apt 4307
Parkville, MD  21234