[C320-list] Wheel Autopilot

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 10 02:37:23 PST 2023

I had the wheel Autopilot for years. I just replaced it with the linear drive. The wheel worked well for ICW and calm seas but was unreliable with any stress. Just not designed for it.  I also did not have rudder sensor. IMHO- if you plan to do any long distance sailing and want reliability then don't rely on the wheel version.Depending on your year,  check out Jeff Hare's VERY detailed instructions on how to do it.NOTE: I installed my linear drive in Dec and have not field/stress tested yet but others swear by them.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android