[C320-list] Throttle cable update

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 16 13:02:35 PDT 2023

Cable was NOT the problem. Just wanted to update:  Since I bought the boat in 2014 the throttle was hard to move.  I "twice now" have broken the bolt that hold on the handle (of course when it was needed).  Past time to do something.  Took it all apart expecting to lube the old cable or buy a new one.  Trouble was NOT in the cable.  It was in the control housing.  With the control housing in my lap I could easily turn the clutch handle but had to put a wrench on the throttle post to move it.  Even with the tension bolt and retaining screw removed.  Finally took a hammer to the post to get it out.  Cleaned it and hole and managed to get it back in.  Works well now.  Cable not the issue.  Thanks to all for the info.  Edson manual taught me a bunch.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android