[C320-list] Butyl Tape for installing fixed portlights located in hull below the rub rail

Jack Brennan jackbrennan333 at outlook.com
Thu Jul 27 19:29:25 PDT 2023

I’m not at the boat, but these are in frames, right? If so, you should be able to use butyl tape. With port lights that are not framed, you want to use the high-strength tape and Corning 795.

I had a leak in one of my opening ports once that turned out to be where the frame met the cabin side. The original sealant had reached its due date. Butyl tape fixed it right up.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.