[C320-list] Raymarine Autopilot

mseyler at cox.net mseyler at cox.net
Fri Jun 2 10:33:27 PDT 2023

I have considered this upgrade myself, but it is a little ways down my
wish-list.

If you install a Raymarine below-deck autopilot you can re-use the EV-1
heading sensor and the P70s control head.  Unfortunately, the ACU100  course
computer for the EV100 wheel pilot doesn't have enough power to drive a
below-deck linear drive.  You would need at least an ACU200 course computer.
If you get one of those, however, you can use any linear drive you want, as
the drive connection is not proprietary to Raymarine.

There are other new parts you'll need to connect the drive unit to the
rudder shaft, and lots of useful information from Jeff Hare, and others on
the list.

Good luck with the conversion.

Mark Seyler
S/V Reality,