[C320-list] Raymarine Autopilot

Paul Hetherington paul at heth.ca
Fri Jun 2 12:48:39 PDT 2023

Sorry to step on the tread Ken, I don't have any experience direct drive
systems, other than a little research and some envy.

Fixing my autopilots 'hallucinations' is high on my lust list.  With my 2
younger kids and only mildly interested Admiral on board having a working
autopilot was a quality of life improvement for sure.  Until the
'hard-a-port' episodes started.   Moved anything metal far from the gear
with no results.

At this point it seems I need another head unit to properly troubleshoot.
If anyone has an old Raymarine St4000 or similar (ST6000 and some others
compatible) in your discard pile let me know.

Paul Hetherington
Hull #155, 1994 C320 Seasun