[C320-list] Installation process for galley sink drains

windswept at stx.rr.com windswept at stx.rr.com
Tue Jun 20 12:13:19 PDT 2023

I am replacing both galley sink drains.  I am using the original design
Forespar drains from Catalina Direct.  I have done this before, but I do not
think I did it correctly, so I want to learn from the group.  Does anyone
have a copy of installation instructions?  Are there any? I have the diagram
available on the Catalina Direct site but that doesn't answer my questions.
Does the large gasket go between the chromed drain and the sink basin (above
the sink) or between the bottom of the sink basin and the white nut that
secures the chromed drain in place (below the sink)?  In the past I have I
have had trouble with leaks between the black nut and the white nut that
holds the chromed drain in place.  Finally, when everything is tight the
horizontal hose barb is not pointed in the correct direction.  How do you
get the black nut tight and the barb to point where it is needed?  As I said
I have done this job in the past, probably incorrectly, and had leaks
especially when we empty a full sink.  Any words of wisdom would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry Frank

WindSwept