[C320-list] Installation process for galley sink drains

surprise thompson87.com surprise at thompson87.com
Tue Jun 20 15:37:32 PDT 2023

My recollection from other sinks is that you seal the drain to the sink using plumbers putty. Put a bead around the rim of the drain before inserting it. The gasket then goes under the sink, between the sink and the nut that secures the drain to the sink. If you leave out plumbers putty a leak is likely.

I suspect the key to getting the hose Barb pointed is to secure it to the bottom of the drain before you tighten the nut that secures the sink to the drain. You can then rotate the drain until the barb points the right way before tightening the upper nut to secure the drain to the sink.

Disclaimer: I’ve never done this replacement myself. Have installed drains on other sinks however.

Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653.