[C320-list] Keel bolt primer

Ferris Wills ferriswills707 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 09:15:14 PST 2023

Hi All,

The purchase survey for Argo(#505) suggested I remove surface corrosion on the keel bolts and coat them with a zinc based primer. It appears the previous owner was not into bilge hygiene 😂

I’m wondering if others have done this, and if a zinc primer actually does any good? The bilge is now typically quite dry (having fixed a number of leaks), but I still can get a little fresh water after heavy rains/certain winds. This winter has been a wet one In SF!

Thx,
Ferris