[C320-list] Garhauer Easy Glide Adjustable Genoa Cars

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Sun Mar 12 15:28:06 PDT 2023

The older models have bearings.  I think too many people removed the cars without using the short aluminum shipping track and had their bearings all run down the deck that they probably gave up and started shipping a version without bearings.The ones with bearings worked great under load I my experience.They were tiny bearings so if the track was gunked up, they might not operate all that well.Jeff Hare
-------- Original message --------From: "surprise thompson87.com via C320-list" <c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> Date: 3/12/23  12:44 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: C320-List at catalina320.com Cc: "surprise thompson87.com" <surprise at thompson87.com> Subject: Re: [C320-list] Garhauer Easy Glide Adjustable Genoa Cars I’ve been very happy with mine but I would not characterize them as moving smoothly under load. I always need to ease the sheets somewhat. Furthermore they will not move aft from just the pressure of the sheet. I attached the bitter end of the control line to the car so that I had something to pull it aft with. Unless there is a newer model with bearings for the track (ie like the traveler) plan on easing the sheets when adjusting. > On Mar 11, 2023, at 6:41 PM, Troy Dunn via C320-list <c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:> > Chuck-> > Thanks for the quick response.   I thought the same thing at first but it's> kinda hard to confuse a 1” track to a 1-1/4” track so I did some digging> and low and behold…there are indeed subtle differences between a European> 32mm track and an English/U.S. 1-1/4” track.   I’m going to order the> version with the standup spring block.   Hopefully between giving them an> approximate thickness of the t section and letting them know I have a C320> with 1-1/4” track I should end up with the right cars.   We shall> see….Garhauer is apparently the only company you can buy cars that will> adjust smoothly under load without completely replacing the track.   That’s> a job I’d like to avoid.> > Thanks> > Troy Dunn> Hull #514