[C320-list] Standing rigging

nibj nibj at mac.com
Wed May 10 11:28:44 PDT 2023

Unfortunately a rigging check reveals we need new standing rigging.  My co-owner and I are thinking of doing it ourselves (ordering premade stays and so on from Catalina Direct).  Has anyone done this?  Of course we will have the mast down but it looks like putting on the premade stays will be easy.

Rather than order premade stays, an alternative is to have a local rigging company make up the stays by measuring ours.  Is that a better alternative?  Are the boats sufficiently different that premade stays might cause issues?

We plan to check the sheaves and VHF antenna.  Anything else we should replace or examine while the mast is down?  Is there anything we need to tell the yard before they unstep the mast?  How do we unplug the wiring?

So many questions!  I hope someone can help - we don’t want to loose the whole summer season.

Thanks in advance for comments

Peter
1995 c320 #226