[C320-list] Standing rigging

P.F. Ross pfrstl at gmail.com
Wed May 10 12:51:12 PDT 2023

Peter, sorry to hear your trip is off but in this case, much better safe
than sorry!

I cannot speak to your standing rigging, but when my mast was down for the
first (and only) time in 2015, I replaced all sheaves (rigrite.com), all
lights -- LED anchor, LED combo steaming and deck lights (marinebeam.com),
VHF antenna, Raymarine wind direction and speed transducer and Davis
windex.  Ran new wiring to all.  Bottom line is that I did not want to have
to go up the mast again for a long time.  It was all pretty easy and I did
it myself with the mast on the hard.

I did not worry about unplugging anything since I made continuous wire runs
to switches, radio and cockpit wind instrument.  I left plenty of slack in
all wires in the event I unstep the mast in the future and will cut wires
and install plugs then.

I also rebedded all chainplates as well as the mast step plate.

All FYI from my foggy memory.

Frank Ross
Beta Wave #206
Naples, FL