[C320-list] Insurance renewal

Christopher Nichols cinichols at btinternet.com
Fri May 19 16:44:07 PDT 2023

   I really appreciate every single contribution to this thread. It has
   clearly rung a bell,   well perhaps a little one.
   One thing that does interest me is how we each value our boats. When
   Sara and I bought Amanda Rose we were in a good place building a new
   life in MA. I guess that is true to most boat buyers.
   Like most good times they faded a bit but AR did us proud giving a
   floating sanctuary that was priceless.
   Is fact we both recall saying to one another that should she sink and
   vanish without any recovery we would still be glad to have had her.
   Her value to us today is therefore not just financial but also
   emotional.
   This may also be reflected in our insurance valuations and in how much
   we put up with paying for what has become almost family.
   ..
   .  But ultimately it is skill, engineering, craftsmanship and care that
   built these craft....     and...  crucially.....   many others.
   So it strikes me we should not let sentamentalism drive our insurance
   decisions.
   Looks like this crew's for changing!
   Best,
   Chris

   On 19 May 2023 20:37, Melissa&Larry Leibman via C320-list