[C320-list] Refrigerator question

Jack Brennan jackbrennan333 at outlook.com
Mon May 22 19:17:57 PDT 2023

Ultimately, I solved the problem with 120/12 volt by adding 320 watts of solar. Of course, I’m in Florida, so I have an abundance of sunshine to power the panels.

I run my fridge 24/7 so that I always have cold drinks when I go out for a day sail. Since I installed four Duracell golf cart batteries, I have not seen the bank go below 12.4 or 12.5 overnight even with an anchor light, random charging, fans, CPAP machine, etc.

I grudgingly pay for dockside 120 so I can run the dehumidifier on my AC unit in the summer, as well as running AC when we want to stay overnight occasionally at the dock, but it’s really not worth the money I spend on it. The solar panels meet most of our needs.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.