[C320-list] Activating glow plugs

ART HARDEN artstree at aol.com
Mon May 29 06:54:47 PDT 2023

If you are in a warm climate, glow plugs may not be needed. However, in areas that are cool, they can be a necessity. The glow plugs are not intended to heat the engine. They are to heat the cylinder and air inside the cylinder. Diesel engines require the high temper created by sudden compression to ignite the fuel. On the Great Lakes I always use them on the initial startup. A 20 second warmup is generally all that is needed.

Sent from my iPhone
Art Harden
Catalina 320 "Tortuga" E-62
937.885.9380 (o)