[C320-list] White Smoke from Diesel Exhaust

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 12 08:04:35 PST 2023

Jeff's cost (and positive result) of about $550 to rehab his injectors and injection pump is fantastic.  A new M30 injection pump is about $800 from parts4engines.com. Andrew's experience of getting injectors rebuilt for $2000 is regrettable.
Bob - you cannot attach files in these posts.
Dave Hupe 1994 #32

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Nov 12, 2023 at 10:44 AM, Bob Borelli via C320-list<c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:   Jeff, thank you for your response.  Did you remove the injectors & injection pump from your M30 to send to the Norfolk diesel shop.
I am looking at the arrangement on my diesel, lots of parts to remove but I think with proper labeling I can re-install.
I worry about sealing the openings after removal to prevent debris.
And bleeding air from the pump & injectors after reinstall.
I have been successful in bleeding air after replacing primary & secondary filter, have not had to bleed injectors.
Attached file is my M30 bleed procedure.

Andrew, thank you for your response.  At about $2000 to rebuild the injectors I believe will try to replace the injectors.
Parts4engines list a new injector at $97.

Unexpectedly the marina towed my boat from mooring to put on the hard for winter storage,
So I cannot operate the M30 long enough to check for blow by.
Now that the boats on the hard I can pull the exhaust elbow & check for restrictions.