[C320-list] Whale Fitting for Aft Water Tank

mseyler at cox.net mseyler at cox.net
Sun Nov 12 21:11:42 PST 2023

I had to remove my aft water tank from under the berth in the aft cabin, to
clean the diesel fuel that ran underneath the tank from a pinhole in my
diesel fuel tank.  The only way I was able to get the tank out was to cut
the Whale fitting connecting the tank to the water line to the water pump
under the galley sink.

Does anyone know what Whale fitting I need to buy to re-connect the tank?
The fitting is an elbow with male threads on one side and a push-in
connector on the other.  It looks to me like a tapered pipe thread, but all
I see on line is fittings with something called "BSPP" or British Standard
Parallel Pipe threads.

Also, has anyone replaced the 15MM water line from the water tank to the
galley?  I'm thinking about replacing it while the tank is out.  But are
there any hidden obstacles that I should know about before I try to pull the
old line out or feed a new one through?  The line passes under the floor at
the base of the companionway, and I don't see a way to access that area if
the new line would hang up.

Any advice would be welcome.

Mark Seyler

S/V Reality,