[C320-list] Small Boat Dehumidifier

Bob Hoyt rehoyt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 11:54:07 PDT 2023

I have been surprised that there aren't small dehumidifiers sold by marina
stores that drain into the galley or head sink. Several years ago I
purchased one from Amazon for $31 that drains into the galley sink and it
did the job for almost two years and then I replaced it. It dehumidifies
2200 cubic feet so it seems adequate. While I drilled a hole and inserted a
small brass nipple for the 1/4-inch drainage hose, there are models on
Amazon that come with a drainage hose. I don't have hard data on how well
it dehumidifies but wonder if others have gone this route.

Bob Hoyt
Hull #154
Ikigai
Pensacola, FL

--

*Robert (Bob) Hoyt MD, FACP, FAMIA, ABPM-CI*

*Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Internal Medicine*

*Virginia Commonwealth University*

*Richmond, VA*

*CAPT (Ret) USN*

InformaticsEducation.org  <http://InformaticsEducation.org>