[C320-list] Aqualift Muffler Leak

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 15:31:12 PDT 2023

Mike are you sure the water wasn't  "spitting" from your packing gland when operating the engine?
If you think it is the screw hole(s), maybe epoxy or 5200 them closed and secure down the muffler a different way (new holes or strap it down)?
Dave Hupe
1994  C320 #32

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 5:56 PM, Michael Paris via C320-list<c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:   I removed the muffler and do not see any obvious cracks. With it on the dock, i put some water in it and pressurized as best I could but still no obvious leak. The leak when it was on the boat was fairly slow. My guess is that it may be the screw holes that others have experienced. It definitely wasn’t the hose. Any suggestions welcome.
"
Thanks,
Mike P.