[C320-list] 4D Batteries

jackbrennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 14 14:01:05 PDT 2024

Four Duracell golf cart batteries from Sam's Clybb for me. 440 amps with the 6-volt batteries wired to create two 12s.I second solar panels with an inexpensive 110-volt charger. We have 320 watts of solar.I rigged up a solid but inexpensive structure using one-inch ss tubing with the stern rail and Bimini.Jack BrennanSonas, 1888 Catalina 320Tierra Verde, Fl.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Chris Burti via C320-list <c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> Date: 4/14/24  1:23 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: C320-List at catalina320.com Cc: Chris Burti <clburti at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [C320-list] 4D Batteries When I did my research Exide 4-D Comm (lead acid commercial truck battery) had the closest specifications to the OEM marine deep cycle battery that came from the factory. A lot cheaper than AGM. I got 10 years of service out of them. I planned on going to four Trojan 6v and even fabricated a pair of stainless trays to accommodate their slightly longer length. We sold her and they are now collecting dust in my shop lolBest Regards,Chris BurtiFormer C-320#867> On Apr 14, 2024, at 11:04 AM, Jeffrey Brown via C320-list <c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:> > Can someone recommend the best brand and option for new 4D batteries. Trying to find something that can allow us to use the refrigerator for more than a day or two, or is that never going to be possible no matter the brand. Don’t want to install solar, not worth it for us we only do long trips maybe once a year. We have hull 74 1994 and still has original charger/inverter, does that have something to do with it? Anyway, anxious to hear some feedback.> > > Jeff Brown> 949-350-5123