[C320-list] Does your bilge pump suck

Dennis Cookson dennis at cooksons.net
Thu Apr 18 01:23:50 PDT 2024

Thanks for the replies. I agree that this particular pump (Jabsco Par Max-4) doesn’t seem to be up to the job, and I’ve tried two of them now. BUT - it has exactly the same model number (31705-0092) as the Jabsco pump I used happily for years before replacing it at the end of last season. They changed the name to Par Max-4, but it is otherwise the same, described as a Bilge/Shower Drain Diaphragm pump that can self-prime up to 2.5m and can run dry. It’s a bilge pump, not a fresh water pump. I’d love to hear from anyone else using this model, or other diaphragm pumps that work reliably. Not sure how you would go about fitting a centrifugal pump into the bilge itself.

Dennis Cookson
‘Catalina’, 0577