[C320-list] Adler/Barbour refrigerator

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 22 15:18:56 PDT 2024

Replacing the entire system with a Nova Kool https://www.suremarineservice.com/Galley/Ice-Box-Conversion/LT201-RT4_2.html was  recommended to me by several other 320 owners before I did it ... and I also recommended to many myself after a very good result (cost and performance). They have reported high satisfaction (cost and operability).
I strongly recommend. I can provide more detail if anyone desires.
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 #32
Holland,  MI

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer

  On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 6:01 PM, Ken McCrimmon via C320-list<c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:   Hi Bill
I replaced the Adler Barbour system, both the compressor and cold plate with a newer model last year.  If you just try to replace the compressor, you might end up with a problem if the fittings from the tubing don't match.  When i bought both parts, they did not fit together.  When I talked to the service department, they said I had a new cold plate and an older model compressor.  I had to send the compressor back and get a newer model.  I was pretty POed at the reseller for selling me something that would not go together.

Not to difficult a job if you have the right components.

Ken