[C320-list] 'Sticky' Through-Hull Valves

SARA SCHROEDER wanderingstar951 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 29 11:10:00 PDT 2024

My monthly checklist includes exercising the seacock valves each month and I'm pretty good at doing that.  The Marelon's on my 2000 (#707) were getting really sticky despite lubing and exercising.  Not wanting one to break, I replaced them in 2020 when the boat was on the hard. Figured they were 20 years old and prevention is sometimes the best solution.  I stuck with Marelon and the new ones are easy to rotate.

Sara
Wandering Star
Seattle, WA
2000/#707