[C320-list] Asymmetrical spinnaker

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 17:48:31 PDT 2024

My experience with using a local sailmaker could not possibly be matched by
a non local loft.   The boat was fully measured and we discussed changes to
the Genoa design that would be difficult to replicate unless you have a
digital model of Hull #514.    The sails we bought are Elvstrom sails and
we chose a higher end cruising cloth since our needs center around cruising
and get some longevity out of the sail.  Yes there are huge variations in
cloth quality.   A good sailmaker will discuss this with you and explain
all the differences.   Many of the mail order "lofts" are simply using
cheaper materials…so watch out for that.   Learn what questions to ask.
Not all Dacron is the same.    Our sailmaker made the final adjustments,
added things like sail numbers, tell tales, etc. etc. and installed the
stack pack and sails etc.   I would not try to skimp on your boats
"engines" if you can avoid it.

Troy Dunn
Hull #514