[C320-list] Alternative to antifreez in the sea/lake water cooling system

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 19:36:00 PDT 2024

John

If you go look on the yanmar forums I think the consensus on these kinds of
ideas is that there are too many areas where water is too hard to vacuum or
blow out so you risk freeze damage in those areas.   I think that’s
probably too high cost to risk  for raw water cooled engines.   For
freshwater cooled engines you are probably looking at damage to the heat
exchanger for the most part which is a lower cost repair.    The price of
antifreeze has not yet gotten so outrageous that I would recommend this
approach.

YMWV

Troy Dunn
Hull #514