[C320-list] Shore Power Receptacle

Guy Smith guyclarksmith at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 15:07:45 PST 2024

Hey All!

I had a problem where I was burning up the plug on the yellow plug cable
and thought it was a cable plug problem. It turns out that the wires
*inside* the locker on the back of the receptacle were corroded and, one by
one, the strands of the wires screwed down to the back of the
receptacle were burning through. Probably when we were running the AC or if
the Batteries were really low and the charger was drawing a lot of power.
This was creating a lotta heat on the inside that was being transferred via
the male pins to the cable plugin on the other side.
I cleaned up the wires inside the locker and the problem went away. (on the
new plug I replaced on the cable.)
So check the back of the receptacle in the aft port locker to see the state
of wiring.

~g

Guy & Liz Smith
sv Renegade