[C320-list] Shore Power Receptacle

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Thu Feb 29 16:31:24 PST 2024

Ah, ok that makes more sense to me.   In my experience most of the wiring
on Hull #514 would be considered sub par by the "experts".  None of the
original DC cables were tinned copper, and the crimps, lugs, and insulation
were all indicative of many corners being cut to save cost.     Many issues
on the 320 with electrical systems and/or electrically driven components
can be traced back to wiring that is corroded because it was not terminated
with a gas tight crimp and sealed heat shrink terminals.    The Yanmar
engine harness is a great example after chasing a few gremlins there I
finally just replaced the entire harness and added a proper terminal for
connecting the harness to the extension.

FWIW

Troy