[C320-list] Another White Smoke from Perkins M30 Question

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 13:23:27 PST 2024

> "I had my Perkins replaced with a Volvo penta. They share the same block.
I’ve been very happy with the performance. Much quieter. No smoke starts
promptly."

I was under the assumption that the Volvo Penta MD2030 not only shares the
same block as the Perkins M30 (aka Kubota), but IS the exact same engine,
but rebanded under the Volvo name.  Am I incorrect on that?

Christian Caperton, #138 1994 C320 "Canuck" Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL