[C320-list] Folding prop

Joe Grande joe_grande at msn.com
Fri Jul 12 12:28:01 PDT 2024

I, on the other hand, have NO experience with a folding prop. In my 21st year with my 420, I have enjoyed the dependability of the fixed prop. Everything I have read, discusses the percentage of motoring performance as measured against a fixed prop. I use prop walk as an advantage when leaving a side tied dock, most often backing to Port. Further, for the sailor/racer, Yanmar recommends leaving the reduction gear in neutral when sailing.

Whatever you choose, it's always refreshing to follow the experience of others on the list!

Sail on,
Joe Grande
Whisper #772, 2000

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device