[C320-list] Yanmar 3GM issues

Jack Brennan jackbrennan333 at outlook.com
Sun Jul 14 14:36:09 PDT 2024

Wouldn't turn over or wouldn't start?

If it wouldn't turn over, it's probably electrical. Dead or low battery. A bad electrical connection or blown fuse somewhere.

Start by using a multimeter to check the voltages on your battery bank. Should be 12.3 volts or above.

Then try to start the engine. If the voltage plunges and doesn't come back, it's the batteries.

If that's OK, use a screwdriver to remove the gauge panel at the helm. Use the multimeter to measure the voltage at the start button.

If you get no volts, work your way backwards. There is an electrical connection, I think, inside the housing box in the aft cabin.

>From there, it goes back to the engine. Trust Calder on this, not my memory.

I believe the Yanmar wiring harness has a fuse in it.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1988 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone