[C320-list] Yanmar 3GM issues

Steve Weinstein srw_jags at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 14 14:30:12 PDT 2024

 Lou,Before you go crazy, check the Racor filter.  It's pretty easy to get that clogged up if there is crud in the tank, or a buildup of water.  I'd start right there.  If the Racor is clogged, also check the fuel filter on the engine.  Depending on what you find, if there is stuff in the filters, you might want to look into having the tank cleaned and the fuel polished.One other thought, how old are your fuel lines?  I've seen this on old cars.  If the hoses are old, the inner lining can separate and cause a blockage in the line.  Fuel won't flow, or you just get a trickle.  Just something to keep in mind.
Steve Weinsten,2000 C320 #722, Vega