[C320-list] Spares List

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 07:58:09 PDT 2024

Comment on impeller and belt spare.  My opinion is that impellers should be
changed at regular intervals (1-2 years, depending on your risk
acceptance), and if changed regularly, spare impeller should not be
needed.  Aslo the rubber on the impeller does age, so your spare could
become a risk for torn fins clogging your system if used and it's old.  Age
is also a factor for belts.  But I do think a spare belt should be
onboard.  What I do is change my belt every 2 years, and keep the old one
as my spare.  Should I ever need to fall back on my spare belt in open
water, it would be replaced as soon as I can with a fresh belt.

Another important tool I recommend carrying is 2 adjustable slim wrenches
for tightening the nut on your stuffing box.
Christian 1994 C320 #138 "Canuck" Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL