[C320-list] Spares List

Jack Brennan jackbrennan333 at outlook.com
Fri Jul 19 08:34:34 PDT 2024

If you have a head that is older, it's a good idea to buy a complete pump unit as a spare, not the service kit.

The complete unit is not much more expensive than the service kit, and just bolting on a new unit is much easier than fooling with seals, etc.

On one cruise, I discovered just how important a functioning head was. The pump broke, and we wound up using a bucket. My wife was definitely not happy, and the trip was cut short just for that reason.

I also have several belts, impellers, a container of motor oil, coolant, rescue tape, hose clamps, duct tape, a sail repair kit, lots and lots of  line, several fuel filters, a couple of boxes of assorted nuts, bolts and screws, and much, much more.

Part of the area we sail is Ten Thousand Islands, the western edge of the Everglades, and we are out of cell phone and VHF range for a couple of days. If something breaks, you have to be prepared to fix it yourself.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.