[C320-list] steering issue

Louis Friedman loualfr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 16:49:33 PDT 2024

Hey all,

Was hoping to get some input on where to start on troubles shooting this
one before I tow to the shop.  Went to drop sails today after a nice sail,
started up the engine and hit the throttle and the boat would only do 360s
to the right.  If I put it in reverse it didn't move at all but didn't
spin. Wheel might have a little more resistance on it than usual but not
sure.  Was not able to make headway so had to drop anchor and call for a
tow back to the mooring field.  Need to get back there this week to take a
look.  Curious what others think this might be / where to check - ?steering
cable, ?something stuck in rudder.

Lou Friedman
hull #623 s/v MissAdventure.