[C320-list] steering issue

Jack Brennan jackbrennan333 at outlook.com
Sun Jul 28 17:04:40 PDT 2024

Something like that happened to me once. It turned out the anchor had worked loose and fallen off the roller in choppy seas in Tampa Bay! It was really puzzling until I went, "Duh."

The steering cable is easy to check. Just remove the screws on the box on the ceiling in the aft cabin. You can also crawl into the aft stern locker for a peek there. But if you were steering well while sailing, my uneducated guess is that it's something with the prop or strut. That's easy to check with a quick dip.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.