[C320-list] Mid ship cleats

Greg Flanagan greg.flanagan at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 14 08:06:24 PDT 2024

Hi Tim,

Please put your hull number on your correspondence, and location also helps.
I installed a mid ship cleat on my port side as this is the most common side we dock on. I managed to get an exact copy of the factory installed cleats. As I am out on the water my records are not available, so I can’t tell you the supplier. I placed it above the forward cupboard in the galley as far on the outside of the deck as I could and still access the bolts inside that cupboard (careful measuring). I marked and drilled the holes on the deck, put marine chalking in the holes and under the cleat bases, and inserted the cleat. Inside the cupboard, I put an aluminum backing plate ~2.5” by 6” (depending on the cleat) predrilled for the cleat, and put lock nuts on. I have had no leaks and the cleat works great. I had to make the backing plate as I could not find a source. I guess cleat manufacturers think with four bolts the deck is sufficient to support the forces on the cleat.
Good luck.

Greg
Hoop Dancer
Sidney, BC