[C320-list] Holding tank replacement

mseyler at cox.net mseyler at cox.net
Tue Mar 19 16:14:16 PDT 2024

If your holding tank is leaking, has damage that suggests a leak is likely,
or has become so permeated that it smells, then a replacement might make
sense.  (One way to check permeation of a hose or tank is to rub the outside
with a damp cloth or paper towel, and see if smell transfers to the paper
towel.)  But unless one of those problems exists, I would think you'd get
more benefit from spending your money on a tank monitoring system that would
give you a reading on tank level without having to look under the settee.
Some systems allow multiple tank sensors to be displayed on a single
read-out, which would let you monitor fore and aft water tank levels, as
well.

If you do need a tank, I'd consider contacting Ronco plastics.  I bought a
replacement for my aft water tank from them, and even after shipping it was
still less than the price quoted before shipping on Catalina Direct's
website.

Mark Seyler
S/V Reality,
Catalina 320, #232