[C320-list] Chasing Leaks, yes starting that convo

Jack Brennan jackbrennan333 at outlook.com
Sat Mar 23 18:30:28 PDT 2024

You have to accept that fiberglass boats will leak sometimes.

Fiberglass is a flexible material. If you find yourself in rough seas now and then, or if gear such as stanchions are stressed, the sealant will lose its bond and allow leaks here and there. A never-ending battle that you lose only when you don’t fix them.

We should consider ourselves lucky. My old Bristol 30 had something like 160 bolts connecting the deck and toerail with the hull. After 45 years, there were always a couple of bolts that dripped, with no easy way to tighten them and stop the leak.
Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.