[C320-list] Exhaust question

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Mon May 27 06:18:05 PDT 2024

The "exhaust system" would start with the exhaust elbow on the engine, a small hose from the elbow into the muffler (clamped at both ends) , the muffler itself, a long exhaust hose from the muffler to the exhaust thruhull (clamps at both ends), then the thruhull itself.
So, the question is what hose was replaced?
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 #32

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer

  On Mon, May 27, 2024 at 8:37 AM, Louis Friedman via C320-list<c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:   Hi all,

We recently purchased a 1999 320 . Trying to get her ready to sail. the Yanmar needed a new exhaust elbow due to a hole on it. That was replaced along with an exhaust hose that had reached the end of its life. Was ready to get  out on the water and marina said there is an exhaust leak that needs fixing. I’m more of a sailor than a mechanic, still learning. What else in the exhaust circuit could be leaking or would it just be one of the fittings to that they replaced ?

Lou
S/v MissAdventure
Sent from my iPhone