[C320-list] Head odors

Charles Holbrook charlesholbrook at ymail.com
Fri May 31 15:31:12 PDT 2024

 Art:
I went down to my boat today and looked at the holding tank filter. If you Google search "SaniGuard holding tank vent filter" a whole bunch of filter options pop-up from Amazon, Ace Hardware, eBay, West Marine and other places ranging in price from around $20.00 to more than $100.00. The filter carried by Amazon called YatchZmarine runs $42.99 and looks just like the one I installed. behind the cabinet above the commode.  The filter is about 15" long and about 2" diameter. You should not need mounting brackets or any additional hardware.  The filter just screwed into the vent line with garden hose type connections. I don't think Walmart carries the SaniGuard filter any longer but when I found mine it was only around $30.00 nine years ago.  The carbon filter did solve the outside odor problem I was experiencing when on a starboard tack.
Hope this helps.
Charlie HolbrookCat 320 "Nautigirl"

 .