[C320-list] Traveler Car Replacement

surprise thompson87.com surprise at thompson87.com
Fri Oct 11 12:12:57 PDT 2024

In 2020 I purchased a replacement traveler car and the traveler end units with the turning blocks and cleats from Garhauer. Since 1999 (when my boat was made) Garhauer improved the design in ways that reduce the frequency of jamming of the control lines substantially. The newer design holds each individual part of the block and tackle system captive so that they can't jump their sheaves. I've been very happy with the upgrades. Prior to this I frequently found that if I allowed any slack in the control lines the lines would fall off their sheaves and they would jam when I tried to re-tension them. I gather the new design became standard on 320s at some point but I don't know when.

My invoice from Garhauer identified the items as "Traveler upgrade controls car and end controls C-320 Std Track." The price then was $375 plus freight.

Scott