[C320-list] Gypsy

Joe Grande joe_grande at msn.com
Mon Sep 2 12:16:54 PDT 2024

Ah Sara, first replace the swivel! I replaced my ground tackle last summer as a 20th anniversary of owning Whisper. While I went with 30' of 3/8" chain, you could lighten the load for hoisting with 5/16" chain. To the chain I  added 180' of rode. I pull the rode aboard hand over hand until the chain approaches the winch when I take one wrap around the winch and using the foot switch, I bring the anchor to the sprit.
I am sending this from Friday Harbor. I will be in the San Juans for another week.

Joe Grande
Whisper #772, 2000

Good luck!

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device