[C320-list] Perkins heat exchanger

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 18:24:07 PDT 2024

The big front and rear rubber boots clamp simultaneously to both the heat exchanger tank and the "tube stack" inside. That is why you see two large clamps around each boot.  The larger clamp is clamping onto the hole thru the tank while the slightly smaller clamp is holding onto the end of the tube. If the boots are removed, it is possible to slide the tube out of the tank.
Yes ... you do not need to actually remove the heat exchanger tank from the engine.
I changed my heat exchanger tank so I should be able to send you some photos to demonstrate this tomorrow.
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 #32
Holland,  MI
.

Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer

  On Thu, Sep 12, 2024 at 8:54 PM, Dan Winsor via C320-list<c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:   I know there is an abundance of this topic on record but just a quick
question.
What retains the tube-stack within the heat exchanger? Is it possible to
change the stack without pulling the box?
Ok, 2 questions.
Thx,
Dan Winsor
Lucky Devil #109