[C320-list] Perkins heat exchanger

P.F. Ross pfrstl at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 06:18:02 PDT 2024

Dan, great troubleshooting but so sorry to hear about your problem.

Tied up this morn, but later I will list everyone I spoke to about finding
a tank, FWIW.  You may know the Volvo MD 2030 is pretty much the same
engine and you can search for parts from those as well.

Right now, there is a tank and tubestack on ebay from the Volvo:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134983715246?_skw=volvo+md2030&itmmeta=01J7TWXDSN486G88RKJ1QM7EFA&hash=item1f6da809ae:g:y8oAAOSwv9pkJNzN&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA0HoV3kP08IDx%2BKZ9MfhVJKntc4iRvA7J5EjxIiSggrhnuv6BYuvWEYw%2BLck%2BRdVGeiLBHklQkOaF7RnxKNLNozdPUSlPxqp4%2FzAAb4IH789aSh3iXuYGJ8vw4nWs%2FKq1MJ%2BxtFPpqarR8%2BSMF6WTQVKgezQdpEMEqy40loNtLdqbLPcvPDgbFOjktq5iBWnUz3NL57GukAdCGPPPcAwov6Vxtv4t5GmtF5oJA8FIbPU1s9m8aZiLoTEcZ0lkkf4P7E%2FlwSLUfcth5n1lZ%2FdcNho%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_Tc9dy-ZA

I have no connection to ebay or this auction but  when I was looking
earlier this year I believe this particular unit was for sale then, so
maybe you can make an offer.  Also know that I cannot state unequivocally
that this particular tank will fit.  One thing I can see from the pic is
that there is a large plug sealing a tapped hole on the side of the unit.
In my case, there was simply a cast-in boss without a tapped hole.

As a data point, I paid a total of about $1,500 including shipping in April
of this year for my NOS unit I found in England.

Good luck, and I will send more info later.

Regards,

Frank Ross
Beta Wave #206