[C320-list] Perkins heat exchanger

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 15 06:25:03 PDT 2024

Dan-
For your test (very inventive), I assume you had the end rubber boots attached and each end clamped securely on both the tank and tube stack?
Actually, I think your test suggests that the tube stack has a leak.  Water in the pressurized tank should not permeate the tube stack and flow out the exhaust elbow.  If the tank actually were bad, shouldn't  leakage occur somewhere on the outside of the tank itself or out of the exhaust ports (where mounted to the engine)?
Can you pull the tube stack out of the tank, attach the rubber boots to its ends and pressurize it to see if it leaks?
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 #32
Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer