[C320-list] Leak in the anchor locker drain tube/thru hull C320 #195, 1995

Louis Spitz aronella at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 17:46:19 PDT 2024

We noticed a copious amount of water in the bilge while sailing. The motor was off. I pumped out the various sections of the bilge, and at quiet mooring, all’s well.
I suspect the anchor locker drain tube is broken, allowing water into the boat.  I understand the paneling has to be removed to access the bottom of the chain locker.
Anyone raise the interior of the locker 4” to get the drain above the waterline (rather than on the waterline)? Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Louis Spitz
1995 C320 #195
Nyack, NY