[C320-list] Strange Prop Shaft Noise.

Rich Allen randnallen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 10:36:54 PDT 2024

Hi Ian,

It could very likely be caused by the prop play.  I am no expert, however,
I replaced our prop in 2023, and the prop shaft in 2024 - so I have had the
prop on and off a couple of times lately.  The prop manufacture (Gori in my
case) specifies that the prop should have a good fit on the taper and the
prop nut should be torqued to a specified level.  The prop absolutely
should not be moving on the shaft.  It seems like your shaft nut is loose
and should be torqued before either the prop or shaft become galled,
preventing a precision fit.

All the best,
Rich Allen
SV Destiny