[C320-list] Aluminium rub rail and rubber insert

Chris White chriswhite252000 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 30 03:09:14 PDT 2024

Dear Catalina Owners
I plan to replace the aluminium rub rail this winter.Have any Catalina 320 owners done this?I thought I would use the method from the Mainsheet Fall 2017 edition, written by Gene Fuller for the Catalina 42 model.This involves leaving the through hull bolts in situ, by drilling around them.This makes sense, I would'nt want the hull to part with the deck moulding.I bought replacement rubber in the year 1998, but never actually fitted it. It looks ok and I plan to fit it in the new aluminium rail.
Any input would be appreciated, with links to other articles welcome.
 Thank you.
Chris WhiteCat 320 #449 DandyPooleUK.