[C320-list] Exhaust Elbow Question

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Mon Nov 21 05:49:02 PST 2005

As I ready my list for winter chores, one of my biggest is trying to determine the health of the exhaust elbow. I have purchased a spare gasket in preparation for removal and was wondering if anyone could give me tips or any cautions in terms of removal and more importantly what to look for.
Someone at my marina mentioned there are shops out there that will test and acid wash etc., but I haven't found anything like that yet. Also, if I have to order from Catalina which I believe is another 'stock/custom' part like the muffler, I'd like to do it over the winter--any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Regards,

Jon Vez