[C320-list] wave slap stopper

David Gleason djgleason1 at juno.com
Mon Nov 28 10:41:03 PST 2005

I cut the "Noodles" in half to help them conform to the shape of the
transom.  Depending on how stiff the noodles are, you might want to cut
them into smaller sections.  It also helpful to use a large fiber washer,
or other item as a stopper on the line to keep them from working up out
of the water.  I used two large plastic bottle caps, from prescription
bottles, cut a hole in them to allow the line to pass through and then
put a knot in the line.  Leave a little, 1", space between the sections
of noodles.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:22:08 -0800 (PST) Steven Magennis
<magenns at yahoo.com> writes:
> The "Pool Toys" are usually called Swim Noodles.  Get the fattest
> ones
> that you can find with a hole through the center.  I strung mine on
> about 25' of 5/16"  line.  I tie the ends of the line to the bottom
> of
> the gate stanchion, adjusting as necessary to get them to fit well
> close to / under the transom.
>
> Steve
> Alchemist C-320 #909
>
> --- Jeff Church <jjemail at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Eric,
> >
> > You can make it up out of  about $15 dollars worth of pool toys or
> > you can
> > buy one from Catalinaowners.com for $235.

http://shop.catalinaowners.com/detail.htm?cart=1133067323117138&fno=20&gr
oup=185